Friday 31 August 2012

How I Deal With Spot Breakouts

Hiya lovelies!

Recently, I've had breakouts of spots around my mouth and chin so I thought I would share with you guys my tips & tricks for getting rid of spots!

  • Always take off your makeup before bed - I know some people won't bother but it's such a crucial step to keep your skin clear. You don't have to repeat your entire morning face routine, just take off your makeup with a makeup wipe so it doesn't clog your skin. My current favourite makeup wipes are the oil balancing ones from Simple as they also help control excess oil on my skin :) These wipes are currently on offer in Superdrug, found here.


  • Drink lots of water - everyone knows this one! Drinking water is not only good for your body but will keep your skin hydrated, healthy and glowing.
  • Exfoliate the skin regularly - By regularly, I don't mean everyday, but fairly often. Exfoliating clears off the dead skin cells from you face and allows new cells to be made. If you use a good exfoliator, your skin should be left soft and glowing after using it. One of my staple favourites is the Garnier Pure 3 in 1 Wash/Scrub/Mask which I usually only use as a scrub. It exfoliates my skin well and has salicylic acid in for an added spot treatment. 


  • Have 'no makeup' days - I love my makeup (both wearing and applying it), but when I'm not going out or doing much there's not much point in putting on a full face of makeup that will clog your pores. If you leave your skin alone once you've carried out your skincare routine and just let your skin breathe once in a while you'll notice a difference.
  • Try BB creams or tinted moisturisers rather than foundation - Foundations can be thick and can clog pores and make spots worse. By using a BB cream or tinted moisturiser, you can add a little bit of coverage, but your skin can still breathe :) my current favourite is the Garnier BB cream for oily skin.

  • Try face masks - I love face masks! And what's great is that you don't need to spend loads of money on them (although some may be worth the money). The ones I recently been using are from Superdrug's own line, and they've recently released loads more formulas so check them out if you haven't! My favourite one is a dead sea clay mask that's great for oily and spot prone skin :)

  • Invest in a night cream - I don't always use night creams, but recently I've started using one that I've had for a while and I already see a difference in my skin! Applying a night cream will keep your skin hydrated throughout the night and should leave your skin soft and radiant when you wake up. All night creams are formulated to be worn for hours on end, so don't worry if it doesn't absorb into your skin as quickly as your day moisturiser. My current night cream is Angelique Aromatic Balm by Decleor however I think this particular formula has been discontinued. You can find what else Decleor have to offer here, there's lots of similar products :) 



  • Keep your skin moisturised - I try my best to stick to my morning skincare routine and if I don't manage to tone, put serum and eye cream on etc the one thing I do always put on is my face moisturiser. My solid favourite for years now has been Estee Lauder DayWear, both the normal and oil free formulas are great. Keeping your skin moisturised helps to keep it looking and feeling healthy and can help calm and prevent future breakouts.


Thanks for reading! What tips do you have for spot breakouts?
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I really do love the Garnier BB cream!! Great post:)

    thebeautymist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your blog link so I can check it out :)