Saturday 22 September 2012

Real Techniques Starter Set

Hiya lovelies!

So as well as treating myself to the Core Collection by Real Techniques, I also bought this Starter Kit as I have been in need of new eye brushes for a while!




Again, I like the packaging as it's very similar to the Core Collection. I actually think I prefer the purple handles of this collection to the gold handles of the Core Collection though!


Again, the case can become a stand, like the other set, which makes it great for travelling and on the go!

This set comes with 5 eye brushes, a crease brush, base shadow brush, accent brush, liner brush and brow brush!


Deluxe Crease Brush

This big, fairly fluffy brush is great for blending shadows and applying colour to the crease. However, I still sometimes use shadow brushes to apply colour to my crease as this doesn't always give me full control over where the colour goes and can sometimes apply it too high or low. This brush blends shadows amazingly though :)


Base Shadow Brush

Love this brush! It's the perfect size and shape for a shadow brush and allows shadows to be applied all over the lid quickly and easily.


Accent Brush

Isn't this brush adorable? I think it's a great brush for applying a inner corner highlight and smudging a shadow into my upper or lower lashline. It could also be potentially used for liner, if you prefer lining with a flat brush.


Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush

I'll admit I don't wear liner often, however I have used this brush with my Maybelline gel liner and it worked like a dream! I thought that the brush would create a really thick line but it can create a thin one too! Definitely good for people starting out with liner, or people like me who have never got the hang of applying liner!


Brow Brush

I use this brush to apply a shadow to my brows to fill them in and help blend out the brow pencil I use. I find using this brush gives my brows a natural looking finish compared to using a pencil which I think it great! However, people with very thin brows may struggle to use the brush as it's quite thick and dense (which suits my brows) but may not be small enough for some people.

Overall...

I think that these brushes are amazing quality for the price you pay and would recommend them in a heartbeat! They don't shed, or change shape after washing and have remained soft and fluffy! They are also synthetic fibres and cruelty free which is always a bonus :)

Thanks for reading! Have you tried these brushes?
xoxo

Bought with my own money.
You can buy these from larger Boots stores or online for £21.99

3 comments:

  1. love the brushes! i like getting my crease brush and just swiping it a few times. It makes it look like i took forev to do a smokey eye when in reality, it took me 4 seconds. :) cute blog

    www.sultanassanctuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these brushes! They are great quality, and I use them every single day! LOVE LOVE LOVE them! Great review! ♥

    www.brittanyssecret.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have these and i LOVE 'em

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your blog link so I can check it out :)